Repin’ Our Flava’ at RC’s End Of Summer BBQ
We’re a lot like a family here at RC, so in full-on family fashion, we threw ourselves an end of summer BBQ! After work, we loaded up the cars with yard games and carbs, headed to Cantigny Pavilion in Wheaton and spent the evening drinking, playing beer pong and bags, grilling summer comfort foods, and having a merry ole’ time.
Our core value “we make an impact with our flava” definitely rang true in the salsa and guac competition. Kathy won’t admit it, but we can all tell she’s still bitter about her salsa coming in second place to Heather Carbray’s colorful concoction.
Don’t believe it’s possible for a company outing to be a sincerely good time? The proof’s in the pictures. Check out our Facebook post … you can’t fake those photos!
For those still wondering, Heather's award-winning salsa recipe isn't such a secret after all ...
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar (see notes)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounces) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounces) can super sweet corn, drained (see notes)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (from 1 bunch)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, white wine vinegar, chili powder, and salt.
- Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion, and bell peppers. Stir to combine.
- Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight to blend flavors. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Eat, enjoy and be merry!
Recipe credit: https://www.culinaryhill.com/cowboy-caviar-recipe/